License Coach Help Center
Do you have a question about License Coach? Review our Help Center to find the answer!
What is the cost of the course and what methods of payment are accepted?
- The cost of License Coach depends on your state and the course you select. To find out how much it will cost you, simply click on "Sign Up" in the green menu bar above and enter your state to view available courses. You may pay using a credit or debit card. We currently accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
Is it secure to send my credit card information over the Internet?
- Yes! License Coach uses a secure server to process all transactions. We understand that credit card transactions are very sensitive in nature, so we take extra precautions to keep your information protected.
Who do I contact for help? What happens if I have technical difficulties during the course?
- If you need assistance with your course, please feel free to contact a member of our Help Desk between the hours of 7am and 10pm CST, 7 days a week. If you experience any in-course technical problem while taking the course, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Help Desk team can only address issues with the course itself. We cannot diagnose individual issues involving your computer, printer, audio system, internet connection, etc.
How do I complete the course?
- In order for you to complete your License Coach course, you must score at least a 70% on all module quizzes and on the in-course final exam(s) to pass and receive your Certificate of Completion.
How do I view quiz and final exam grades?
- To view what you've previously made on a quiz or a final exam attempt, simply click on "Your Grades" in the left hand navigation menu.
What is a proctored exam?
- Proctored exams are additional in-course final exams that you must score a 70% or higher on to receive your Certificate of Completion for the states of AR, CO, CT, LA, MN, MS, NC, NV, NY, OH, PA, WI and WV. Each state has slightly different rules of who can proctor exams. In general, proctored exams must be monitored by a disinterested third party (librarian, neighbor, etc.). The proctored exam may never be monitored by a family member or by someone who will profit from your future employment.
- For NY Only: You will need to choose a state approved monitor for your proctored exam. You can find a monitor from the Department of Financial Services website.
- For MN: Proctor - A disinterested third party, with a minimum age of 18 years old who can be any person except for family members or individuals who have a financial interest in the student's success on the exam. Co-worker proctors must not be above or below in the student's line of supervision.
How do I schedule my state exam?
- To schedule your state exam, you will need to contact your state's designated testing facility. You can find this information from your state's Department of Insurance website by clicking here.
Can I take the course from various locations and computers?
- Our completely online course is set up for our students to access their account from any computer that is compatible. You can only be logged into your course from one computer at a time.
Can I move from section to section in the course?
- License Coach is broken down into individual Chapters and Modules. You are required to complete and pass each Module quiz with the score of a 70% or higher to move on to the next section. You may go back and review a previous Chapter and/or Module at any time.
What happens if I get disconnected from the Internet?
- If you get disconnected from the Internet, you will need to log back into your account. In this case, you will return to the beginning of the lesson you were working on.
What web browser should I use?
- We recommend using Apple Safari or Google Chrome during the duration of your course. While we do support Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox, some features may be disabled in these browsers due to security reasons. To download Safari, please visit http://support.apple.com/downloads/#internet. To download Google Chrome, please visit http://www.google.com/chrome/.
Do I need to use a PC? What if I have a Mac?
- Our course is usable on both Mac and PC computers. You can even access your course via an iPad, iPhone or Android device.
Do I need to have sound on my computer to take the online course?
- While audio is another feature of our courses, it is not necessary for a student to have sound in order to learn the course material or complete the course. The video and audio sections are just helpful additions to the course material and are not required.
How do I get a username and/or password? What do I use it for? What should I do if I forget it?
- You will select both a username and password during the registration process. We suggest using your email address as your username and selecting a password you will easily remember. You will use the same username and password each time you attempt to log in to License Coach to access your course. If you forget your username or password, please email email@example.com to request or change this information.
What do I need to do to obtain an insurance license?
- This will depend on the state in which you are trying to obtain your license. Many states have a pre-license educational requirement that must be fulfilled before taking the state licensing exam. Please check the state requirements on our website or directly with the Department of Insurance for the state in which you are trying to obtain your license. You may find a link to your Department of Insurance by clicking here.
How many credit hours are required before I can take the state exam?
- This will also depend on the state in which you are trying to obtain your license. Some states will have a specific hour requirement and others will require no hours. Please check the state requirements on our website or directly with the Department of Insurance for the state in which you are trying to obtain your license. You may find a link to your Department of Insurance by clicking here.
After completing License Coach, will I receive an insurance license?
- In almost every case, unless explicitly listed on our website, you will be required to pass the state insurance license examination before receiving your insurance license.
How long are the courses valid?
- Your course will be available for 90 days from the date of purchase.
Are you approved in my state? Which courses do you have available?
- We are approved in AK, AZ ,AL, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, D.C., FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NC, ND, NV, NY, OH, OK, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WI, WV, WY. To see which courses we have available for your state, simply click on "Sign Up" in the top menu bar and follow the on-screen prompts.
What is the refund policy for my License Coach course?
- All refunds must be requested within 48 hours of course sign up. For a refund, you cannot have completed any course work within your course. If you qualify for a refund, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Still can't find what you're looking for? Email us at email@example.com and a member of our Help Desk will answer your question shortly.